Saturday, October 16, 2010

Salad 2.0

Day 5: Arugula Salad with Candied Walnuts and Goat Cheese.

Okay, honestly, I chose this recipe because I thought I'd need an easy day, and again I was foiled by not reading the instructions. (Somewhere my third grade teacher is saying: mhyoo-ha-ha!!) While not difficult per se, the salad recipe calls for cooking three separate things. Not what you expect when you sit down with a glass of wine to make a salade. However, the lack of chopping is a huge plus. By the end of the evening I'm kind of skipping with joy because I learned some new skills: the candied walnuts basically require making caramel: Something I've always been afraid of, frankly.(I always pictured myself getting burned and getting fat, all in the same day.)And making croutons was also new to me (I know, I know, don't start. I'm an idiot.) And man, homemade croutons are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment