Saturday, October 16, 2010

Chicken Wrangling



Day 4: Chicken Provencal Stew in the Crockpot. Cutting up and/or manipulating poultry totally wigs me. (Probably due to the time I was tricked into touching a turkey neck soaking in the kitchen sink by my Aunt Louise. An excellent Halloween prank, right up there with grape eyeballs.) If I had read this recipe carefully I would have realized that in the time it took to get this sucker into the crock pot (remove chicken skin, brown chicken on all sides, deglaze the pot, brown onions and garlic, simmer with wine and flour until it reduces etc etc) I could have made fried chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy. However . . . I have to admit that the resulting dish tastes 1000% better than any other chicken or sauce I have made in the crockpot. And the leftovers are great -- there have been leftovers all week: rice, broccolini, mushroom soup I made out of the leftover mushrooms. A great side benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment