Tuesday, October 26, 2010

1 for 3. Not bad for a rookie




My first week with Ra-Ray’s 7-Day List (from the November Issue of her magazine) began with an easy shopping trip, but a recipe dud: Salmon & Potato Chowder. I had visions of one of my mom’s favorite last-minute dinners-- no not reruns of The Match Game with a sandwich, but creamed potatoes and canned salmon. What I ended up with was very bland, boring. Maybe Rachel needs to spend some time with Emeril.

Second day was a mixed bag: meatballs that fell apart, but yummy roasted green beans. Why have I never thought of roasting a green bean? There is no chopping, and they cook in no time at all. Kind of genius, Ra-Ray, but the meatballs . . . oy. Are you sure you’re Italian?

The next night produced a winner: Shrimp with Bacon & Rice. Super simple, prepared in one dish, with the rice baking in the oven (love that). And I love cooking zucchini, because I love cutting zucchini. I mean, a toddler could cut it with a PlaySkool knife. Put those kids to work early, I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment