Saturday, October 16, 2010

On Day Five: Failure

Smoked Trout in Lettuce Cups. Or some damn thing. The name of the recipe has flown out of my brain because it managed to be too spicy, yet boring, and all the smoked trout was full of f’ing bones. And I love smoked trout, let me tell you. Show me a kid who grew up near Wisconsin and I'll show you a kid who loves cheese and smoked fish. But this . . .was nasty. We ended the week going out for a burger. Still, not bad: we all agreed we’d eat 2 out of the five recipes again.

Now – next week . . .
I’m not much of a Rachel Ray fan – I think she makes simple things complicated, as opposed to Ina Garten, who makes complicated things simple. I like simple, okay?
(And I guess I like someone who looks like my mommy explaining things to me as opposed to someone who looks like my gym teacher.) However, my friend Ellen turned me on to RR's magazine, which has one of those features that show a whole weeks dinners with a shopping list. So we’re trying that next week, with a few substitutions. From epicurious to Rachel Ray. This should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment